We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive Data Engineer for our Singapore office who can:
- Develop and improve the machine learning algorithms in MMM backend for stop/mode/activity inference;
- Perform analysis and visualisation of big data. The types of data collected include travel behaviour, well-being/satisfaction, social interactions, phone/battery usage, etc.
- Work with the software development team in design, development and code reviews of the MMM system (including internal infrastructure) and its extensions.
- Coordinate with the team to monitor data quality, remediate data quality issues reported by testers/users, troubling shooting, debugging, etc.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related disciplines;
- Experience in machine learning, modeling, data analysis and visualization;
- Programming experience in at least one core scripting language (Ruby preferred);
- Experience with Git and Ruby on Rails is preferred;
- Experience in building highly scalable applications is preferred;
- Independent and self-motivated, yet able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team located in multiple time zones.
We are looking for highly motivated and proactive full-stack developers for our Singapore office who will be working closely with the core team implementing general and client-specific requirements, improving the platform architecture and development workflows.
Have expertise with the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Test Driven Development
- Git, usage of workflows such as the Github workflow
- RESTful API’s and back-end services
- UNIX systems proficiency (Ubuntu, Debian)
Other useful experience for candidates to have:
- Android and/or iOS app development
- Front-end frameworks such as Angular, ember.js
- Building highly scalable applications
- Familiarity with location-based data (GIS)
- Knowledge of the AWS Stack (EC2, S3)
- DevOps basics (Capistrano/Ansible, continuous integration)